agencies browsing by tag

Print This Post Print This Post

Agencies Other Than the Building Department, Planning Department, and Environmental Department

Saturday, October 11th, 2008

In an outlying area of an unincorporated area, the following agencies can have a profound effect upon your plans for your home, ranch, or accessory buildings.

1. Fire Department (C.D.F.)
2. Environmental outside a City
3. Fish and Game
4. Conservancies (Land Management)
5. Water purveyor
6. State requirements – soil, erosion, etc.

All of the above could determine your cost in time or money or both. An outstanding example: in this County, the Fire Department now requires any home larger than 3,000 square feet to be fire sprinklered. In some jurisdictions, all new construction must be fire sprinklered.
If remodeling, any addition to an existing home that creates more than 3,000 square feet requires that the entire project be retrofitted with fire sprinklers.

Check with your local city or county agencies.

For more architectural advice and articles, to see one of our many projects, or to learn more about our office and the services we offer, go to our main website: Architect Atascadero